Thursday, August 6, 2009

"Slave" Outrage (Controversy over Lil Wayne's New Song)

(Below you will find lyrics for a new song by Lil Wayne entitled "Whip It [like a slave]". I ask you, how long will we let this continue? Is THIS what our music has come to? But I guess the most important question is....What are we going to do?)

**Keep reading (at the end)...I woke up this morning with this poem after hearing about this song yesterday. Poem entitled: "Slave Rage" by Audra A. Bryant**


Whip It Lyrics (Song by Lil Wayne)

[Verse 1:]
Ok, you ain't know shit
It's weezy f baby like a newborn bitch
You ain't know shit
I put your girl to work now here's a uniform bitch

Pimpin over here
And I ain't santa clause but I make it rain dear
Money out the ass
Yeah money out the rear.
Weezy at the plate

I could bunt it out of here
Safe as a mother fucker
Ain't no safety button on this mother fucker
Where the safe mother fucker?
That's the case i can judge it

Weezy F. the ample fury
12 Hanged witnesses
That's what I call a hung jury
Brung Jerry Bling Bling
I made that but I don't even say that

As much as Judges say that
That's way back
Boy you should catch up

It must of be mine, theys
Long hair pretty eyes light skin fine legs,
Phat ass, skinny stomach, pretty feet, pretty woman
Walking down the street cause I put her out my jeep,
I don't save em, I slave em, they want weezy F,

I bad grade em, I don't degrade em, I serenade em,
100 on the charm

100 on the arm
Rings so thick I can't even make a fist

Nigga fuck how you do it cause I do it like this
Yeah, and I just do my Wayne

And every time I do it I do my thang,[x2]
i do it do it
i do it do it
i do it do it do it do it
i do it do it do it do it
i do it how i do it and i do it everyday
i do it how i do it and i do it everyday
say i do it how i do it when i do it everydayand i whip it like a slave
like a mother fuckin slave
yes i whip it like a slave
yes i whip it like a slave
i whip it like a slave
like a mother fuckin slave
yea i whip it like a slavelike a mother fuckin slave
then i beat it i beat it i beat it i beat i

http://www.elyricsworld.com/whip_it_lyrics_lil (Click here for the rest of the lyrics)

Slave Rage by: Audra A. Bryant


As I write down all my feelings
I squint to see the page
As tears begin to flow
Drowning out my rage

It's not that I'm unhappy
It’s more that I am sad
That the very thing that’s supposed to entertain
Has put shackles on us again

What’s worse than this bondage we face
Is that we volunteer for this cage
When deep inside us is a justifiable rage

How dare I be a slave
When my ancestors died for free…
Dumb this music is that’s bent on destroying me
Yet worse is the fact that no one stands

Have we all given up?
We’re engaged by the beat
When we should be enraged by the speech
Cause if it were a brother of another color
We’d call Al Sharpton to speak

Are we weak? A joke?
Funny? Ha Ha?
Or are we too focused on our own lives
So we forsake righteousness and lower the bar?

How much does it take for you to get mad?
Wake up people…this is bad…wack…sad…and completely inappropriate

Maybe the beat is hot
But those shackles are cold
If this song is at the top of the charts
What does that say about our souls?


1 comment:

LD said...

I love your peice/peace. I couldn't even read all of Lil'Whack's song. Is is very sad. I don't listen to the radio, and when I do, the stations I listen to don't play this crap. I think a lot of other folks (that would be outraged) are in similar situations. We don't know about it and so it seems as if we are doing nothing about it.