Tuesday, July 21, 2009

God Help Us! (Miss you Michael)


First of all, I want to say that I miss you Michael...although I never knew you. I wish I was able to know you not just because of the fame but because you came across as a true person of love and innocence. Your talent was God given and so much more than this world could handle.

I entitled this note "God Help Us" because I truly feel like the last few years of Michael's life have been full of heartache, depression and despair. I imagine that he though very sheltered had a unique connection with the human spirit (a God-given compassion) that we may not understand but spoke to the hearts of many. He seemed to be drawn to the "lowly" people of the world. Those who are suffering in poverty, sickness, etc. What I truly find tragic is that as much as Michael has GIVEN to the world (more than just dance moves and great music) what has he RECEIVED in the last few years? Ridicule, jokes, depressing sighs at the mention of his name because of allegations....not fact! We forgot who he was! I guess this is why Michael was heavy on my heart for some reason and I was moved to write that note last week about him.

Though I am so sad that he is gone...I feel like he can finally be at peace without judgement! He can finally hear the words in the most sincere tone from God, "Job well done...my son". I find it so sad that you have to die before your true life's purpose and contributions can be appreciated. How many times has Mike gone to bed and said, "I just did a concert where people were moved to tears... brought some sick kids teddy bears and sat with them... I just paid these kids college tuition... I just made my friends laugh, etc....YET I am nothing more than a "weirdo" or "possible child molester" to most people! How freakin sad is that folks?!

Hmmm I guess that's how Jesus felt. But does that have to be the case for everyone? You HAVE to let the people in your lives that mean something to you know it! Love them everyday even if it seems like overkill. Stop taking LOVE for granted folks (I speak to myself in this as well). When my grandmother passed in April all I could think was "I can't believe she loved me as much as she did!" I reflected on the smiles and hugs she gave me that I took for granted. We cannot take people and their contribution to the world for granted...no matter on what level. From the janitor to the President we are ALL a valuable cog in this wheel of life. LOVE NOW...FOR THE TIME IS NEAR.

No comments: