Wednesday, July 29, 2009

"Good Girls" and "Nice Guys"

I have been blessed to have wonderful and Godly friends in my life. Most of which of course are single (cause you know us single folk flock together). One thing that has boggled my mind is how these amazing single men and women remain solo (myself included). Barring any lack of desire to be in a relationship logically it seems downright absurd for these wonderful people to be alone with a desire to be with someone. But something hit me.

Does this sound familiar to anyone:
  • You get bored with regular aimless dating?
  • Do you feel sometimes like your heart is on reserve for somebody special but it feels like it is taking too long to find the person that fits the profile?
  • Does it seem like even though you are attractive and have a great personality, the guy or girl you are interested in doesn't recognize it?
  • Do people call you the "good girl" or the "nice guy" and that seems to be the reason you can't get any play and it's frustrating?

Well there is something that I have discovered. This of course does not apply to everyone (but then again what does).

I believe that some people ARE put on reserve. I believe that some men are just naturally Husbands and some women are just naturally Wives, while some people are Boyfriends and Girlfriends. Now don't get me wrong I think the B's and G's can become great H's and W's but I think that some people just have that "I am to be married…not dated!" sign stamped on their forehead. Have you ever heard "I gotta get myself together before I can holla at you" or "I think you are a great guy and would make a great husband but…(fill in the blank). I believe that some people give off an aire that demands respect and not to be played with and I believe the most people with a conscience will recognize that and NOT play around with them. But that same wonderful quality will usually lead to something not so nice…loneliness. Not to blow anyone's head up but when a person "has it together" and they are genuinely a great person…that can be intimidating! Imagine how you would feel if Kobe Bryant asked you to play one-on-one with him. He's a pro and you're a…no! How intimidating would that be? No matter how nice and cool he was you would probably decline because you know you couldn't keep up! Now don't get me wrong, this does not mean you shouldn't check yourself for any "hot mess tendencies" you may have. You could very well be the reason you are alone. But in case you are pretty healthy relationship wise this could be what's happening.

Basically, understand that God's hedge of protection is a great thing. Remember "Father Knows Best" He knows how special you are but he also knows your weaknesses. So that chick with the big booty you have been hawkin' may be easy on the eyes but she just might be heavy on the wallet. Or that dude, he may have a great sense of humor but he also has "mommy issues" and subconsciously hates women. God knows our vulnerabilities and so the rejection we face may be His protection! Maybe you don't feel rejected, maybe you just hate the whole dating scene. I think that if you are dating with a purpose than boredom and frustration can be expected because it means you know what you want. When you have Godly standards you can expect some thumb twiddling time. If this is you, you must be patient but you must also pray. Pray for what you want…every last detail (to eye color, or body shape). Does God have to give you exactly what you want? Of course not, but it could happen. Either way, the most important thing is that the person you settle down with should not be a settlement!

Wait on the man or woman of God you know that you deserve they will recognize the Husband or Wife that you really are. The good news is…you won't have to convince them because when they look at you they will see a piece of themselves.

No comments: