Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Unrequited

What a feeling
A pleasant disturbance
The closest parallel of life and death

My heart screams through my chest and my ears try to ignore it
Anxiety becomes my caffeine
You are my drug of choice

My fixation is natural Yet to not be with you is un...
My soul grows weary of the desires that fill my head

My mind tells me what I should do instead
But letting go is not an option
Yet neither is holding on

I have never felt hunger pangs that were not satisfied with dinner
But can you… will you…should you deliver?

How can I curse and sing your name at the same time?
Write beautiful poetry and a relational "pink slip" with every rhyme

I hurt, I grieve, I try to believe, I groan cause I can't moan...man 'I gotta go home!'

I trust God and know patience is a necessity but please believe this is so hard for me
Must I deny myself someone else Lord?
This hurts more than before

I feel so ready for the world
Yet I want to be somebody's girl
Yeah I guess that's unrequited…

No comments: